Friday, July 13, 2007

My Darkroom Collection: Children

This is one of my personal favorites. I was on assignment at a picnic-like event, I can't remember what exactly (the published photo in the newspaper is in a box somewhere), but I do remember the moment I took this shot. I was walking through the park area and saw this old lady sitting in a lawn chair. This beautiful young girl sat on the arm of the chair and embraced her. Just as I lifted my camera, the girl looked back across the old woman's shoulders and I took the shot.

The contrasting features in this photo are obvious. I love the white hair of the old woman, the embrace, the look of innocense and peace on the young girl. Youth and old age, the beginning of a life with its hope for the future and the end of a life with its memories of other days.



I took this photo on assignment for Stephen F. Austin State University. It was 1988 or 1989, and the event was the Lumberjack Festival on campus. These kids were dressed up as beer bottles.




We May Be in for a Perfect Storm of Home "Unaffordability".

I recently read about celebrity real estate agent Mauricio Umansky, who raised concerns about the "perfect storm of total unaffordabili...