Friday, July 13, 2007

Boo, Mike, Wayne

I really like these old photos of Boo and my two older brothers.




I'm not sure wear this photo of Mike and Wayne was taken. My memory is of a boys camp in the east Texas piney woods, a rustic camp setting for troubled teens. Mike and Wayne were asked to perform for the group by someone like the Baptist Student Union on campus at Stephen F. Austin State University, or perhaps by our father who was a volunteer music director at a small country church in the area. I have little memory of the event.


This photo of Boo was taken in New Orleans. She is holding Jaalam, my nephew. It really shows my mother in the prime of her life. All I remember of the trip to see Mike and his family at New Orlean Baptist Theological Seminary is that I got food poisoning and threw up most of the weekend. In fact, I believe the reason for the trip was Mike's graduation from the seminary.


We May Be in for a Perfect Storm of Home "Unaffordability".

I recently read about celebrity real estate agent Mauricio Umansky, who raised concerns about the "perfect storm of total unaffordabili...