Monday, March 3, 2008

Old Town Scottsdale

I visited the Fine Arts Expo for a couple of hours this morning, then decided to have lunch at the Red Robin at the 101 Shopping Center. Since I ate too much, some exercise was next on my agenda.

I drove to Old Town Scottsdale to take a walk. Old Town Scottsdale has become a tourist attraction with various retail stores and fine art galleries. A new development was created on the "waterfront", overlooking what is supposed to be either a river, stream, creek, or manmade drainage ditch. I'm not sure exactly what the "waterfront" is, but I'll let you know.

In any case, Old Town Scottsdale is a cool place for an afternoon walk. The art galleries are primarily along 5th Street. I strolled past a couple of nice patio bars and more than one cafe with seating outside. If you want to ride around the neighborhood, Scottsdale offers a free trolley ride. It runs a 20-minute circuit around the Old Town area.



An Art Walk is scheduled for the first Monday of each month, and the sidewalks are painted to show you the way. (See photos below.)



One of the restaurants near 5th Street that offers patio seating. The weather today was a little cool, but still excellent for an outdoor snack. The heart of Old Town is the "fountain of horses", or at least that is what I call it.





She looked so sad, I had to take her picture. She was stuck inside a display case in front of a gift shop hawking various party treats for St. Patrick's Day. I'm sure she'd rather be riding the free trolley around town.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We May Be in for a Perfect Storm of Home "Unaffordability".

I recently read about celebrity real estate agent Mauricio Umansky, who raised concerns about the "perfect storm of total unaffordabili...