Monday, December 10, 2007

It rained again today, making me wonder about the so-called desert around here. I guess it does rain in the desert, especially as the seasons change. But it's been raining for almost week now. Temperatures remain moderate, however, so I'm not complaining. The sun will be out soon.
____________

Tucson is definitely growing on me. I met a nice couple from Texas who have been living here for a few years (he works for the railroad and was transferred from El Paso and has kids living in Austin) and I told them, "I can see why you like living here. I'm beginning to think I want to spend winter here and summer in Santa Fe." They agreed. For them, their summer retreat is in Ruidoso, New Mexico where they own a cabin.

When I set out from Texas (seems like years ago, but its only been a few months) my first idea was to take my time while traveling to Las Vegas, thinking I might settle down in Henderson or some other town on the outskirts of Sin City. And to be honest, I may still do that. But I'm becoming more intrigued by the idea of living in two places, with some traveling about to keep things interesting.

____________

I'm trying to decide on what to do with my blogs. I have three blogs, but also want to begin a blog for my interest in art. Do I create another blog devoted to art? Or, do I combine all of my interests into one major site? I have five main areas of interest right now: writing, art, photography, poker, and traveling (or at least a blog of my journey on the road as it currently exists).

My photography blog, Photographium, is at http://photographium.blogspot.com. My writing blog, WriteFinger, is at http://writefinger.blogspot.com. And of course I have this blog, 1100 Miles to Vegas, which I began when I hit the road. My poker site, The Seven Seat (or The 7 Seat, if you prefer), is at http://www.7Seat.com. I'm also a former REALTOR and broker of real estate, but I'm switching my interest from sales to investing. I would also like a blog-slash-website on real estate investing. My question: what's the best way to organize all of these interests, where I can write about and promote my various hobbies?

I'm of the belief that the more blogs/websites you have, the more likely you are to catch an audience. But I may be wrong. Maybe I need just one site that plays host to all of my hobbies. I'm getting a headache just contemplating the ideas bouncing around in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We May Be in for a Perfect Storm of Home "Unaffordability".

I recently read about celebrity real estate agent Mauricio Umansky, who raised concerns about the "perfect storm of total unaffordabili...