Monday, December 10, 2007

I've not written much here, because I've taken some time off from the felt. It's been good for me. I've been playing a lot the last few months and I needed a break. I'm not sure how the professional poker player does it. The game is fun and I enjoy nothing more than sitting in a poker room with a stack of chips in front of me with a nice group of players.

But 50 hours of poker play, week after week, can be draining. While many players claim to be professionals, earning the majority of their income from poker, I believe most of them have other interest away from the table. Some have local businesses they own in Las Vegas. Others may write books or travel or attend poker training camps as instructors. The point is, they have a life outside the poker room.

I'll be getting back to the poker room, soon. And I plan on writing more about my experiences, especially about the characters I meet along the way. For me, poker is a great game because of the people you meet. But I'll always have a life and other interests to keep me sane.

We May Be in for a Perfect Storm of Home "Unaffordability".

I recently read about celebrity real estate agent Mauricio Umansky, who raised concerns about the "perfect storm of total unaffordabili...