Thursday, August 23, 2007

I just checked the weather in the Vegas area and it is HOT! It looks as if the heat wave won't leave the area until late September. The temperatures in October begin to appear more reasonable, based on a chart I found here.

Albuquerque weather has been setting record highs, too. With highs in the low to mid 90s, folks around here are lamenting the sweat-inducing heat. But for me, someone who grew up in the Texas heat, the heat here is rather pleasant. Take the 94 degree high here and transplant that to Texas and it feels like 104 degrees. The dry air makes the heat much more tolerable here.

I'm in no real hurry to leave for the Vegas area, not yet anyway. I'm enjoying my stay here. Albuquerque has so many attractions and things to do, it may take me a while to get to it all. In early October, the 2007 International Balloon Fiesta will be spectacular as always. I may wait to see it before I pick up and move on Westward.

But then again, I may leave tomorrow.

Today's ABQ Stats
Stops for gas: 0
Cups of coffee: 2
Trips to Starbucks: 2
Hail storms: 1
Personal items lost/stolen: 1 pair of sunglasses

No comments:

Post a Comment

We May Be in for a Perfect Storm of Home "Unaffordability".

I recently read about celebrity real estate agent Mauricio Umansky, who raised concerns about the "perfect storm of total unaffordabili...