Saturday, April 1, 2017

I'm Worn Out!

The bike ride to the grocery store today certainly wore me out, but that is not why I am tired. Organizing a marketing plan online has really worn me out.  I have a handle on things, I hope.

For starters, my domain names are registered and properly forwarded to the right sites.

  • Aiken1.com:  this domain was as simple as I could imagine, given the available domain names.  It will be my MAIN domain location, and will bring people here, this website at Blogger.com. I have had this account since at least 2007, maybe longer.  It contains the traveling blogs I wrote while on the road for over a year.  Links to all other web sites I run will be here.  If I ever get lost, I will know I can come to Aiken1.com and find what I need.
  • AikenArtist.com:  this domain leads directly to my artwork posted online.  The site will contain my current paintings, drawings, exhibition information, and an art blog.  If I can figure it out, I also will include access to my store at Etsy.com for the sales of prints and other items.
  • MitchellAiken.com and MitchAiken. com:  I have had these domains registered forever, and I'm really glad. Other "Mitchell Aikens" exist, three that I have seen online.  I'm glad I was early in registering my names. They both will be forwarded to either my art site at AikenArtist.com or here at Aiken1.com. 
  • AikenVideo.com: will lead directly to my account at YouTube and will contain, obviously, my videos. I hope to include some art instructional videos in the future. 
  • AikenWriter.com: is under development. As a screenwriter and graphic novelist, I wanted a separate site to contain my work as a writer.
As time goes on, each of these sites will grow and develop. Now that I have them set up, content will be easy to upload as it becomes available. When I shoot a video, it will be at AikenVideo.com. When I attend a screenwriter workshop or work on characters for an upcoming graphic novel, the work will be seen at AikenWriter.com. My visual art, especially paintings and any exhibition information will be at AikenArtist..com. Here at Aiken1.com, all things will be linked and brought together under one roof, like the Mother Alien watching over her brood of acid bleeding face suckers. 





We May Be in for a Perfect Storm of Home "Unaffordability".

I recently read about celebrity real estate agent Mauricio Umansky, who raised concerns about the "perfect storm of total unaffordabili...