Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July at Fisherman's Wharf

Day 5 on the Monterey Peninsula
Wild Goose Cafe, Carmel Valley

The picture at right was taken yesterday while I was strolling down the boardwalk at the Fisherman's Wharf in Monterey. It was quite a spectacle as thousands gathered to enjoy the 4th of July.

Fireworks were scheduled for later on, but I decided to leave early. The crowds were enormous and I was afraid that it would take me days to get out once the show was over. The fireworks were located on a barge out in the bay, so I'm sure it was a great sight. But I was glad to leave while the traffic was still semi-navigable.

Below are some more photos and a video clip.











No comments:

Post a Comment

We May Be in for a Perfect Storm of Home "Unaffordability".

I recently read about celebrity real estate agent Mauricio Umansky, who raised concerns about the "perfect storm of total unaffordabili...