Monday, March 31, 2008

Day 230 on the road.
Wildflower Bread Company, Gatewall Mall in Prescott

I'm enjoying my cup of coffee and bagel this morning at the Wildflower Bread Company at the Shops located in the Gatewall Mall shopping development just east of downtown Prescott. They have free internet access, so I've got my laptop and thought I'd do a little work before leaving town.

I've enjoyed my visit to Prescott. I could certainly live here. It's such a pretty place. The elevation is about 6,000 feet above see level (Phoenix is about 2,400 feet I think), and therefore the temperatures are much cooler. During the summer, I'm told it can reach 90 degrees but "you really don't feel it." I'm also told that people from the Phoenix area come here during the summer to escape the heat. Just a short drive for about an hour through the mountains from Phoenix and you can leave the desert behind and live in the mountains.

I'm driving to Laughlin, Nevada today and will be there at least until Friday. I'll then decide what to do next. I may stay in Laughlin for a few more days if I like it. If not, I'm thinking my next stop will be Mesquite, Nevada, a town to the northeast of Las Vegas. I will probably be in Henderson (suburb of Vegas) in a week or two. Then I'll settle down for while and see what develops. I plan on being in the Vegas area for at least a month, if not longer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We May Be in for a Perfect Storm of Home "Unaffordability".

I recently read about celebrity real estate agent Mauricio Umansky, who raised concerns about the "perfect storm of total unaffordabili...