Thursday, November 15, 2007

Big Brothers and Sisters Benefit from Craft Fair

Last Saturday afternoon I was driving through the foothills of the Catalina Mountains area north of Tucson when I noticed an artist and crafts fair being held at a local shopping center. Benefiting the Big Brothers and Sisters of Tucson, the fair had 4o or so booths from local artists and craftspersons selling their wares. It was getting late in the day, so I didn't have as much time as I wanted to spend visiting all the booths. It made me a little jealous. I was wishing I was a local artist and had my own booth. Maybe some day I will.
..

One particular booth was wall-to-wall old photos and reproductions mounted on pieces of wood, then framed. Other wooden objects like stools and end tables also had old photos mounted on them. The woman in the photo at right was selling handpainted mugs and ceramic dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We May Be in for a Perfect Storm of Home "Unaffordability".

I recently read about celebrity real estate agent Mauricio Umansky, who raised concerns about the "perfect storm of total unaffordabili...