Sunday, October 28, 2007

By the Time I Get to Phoenix...uh, Make That Tucson

Well. It is time. I'm leaving ABQ for the desert. In search of warmer weather and a milder winter climate, I'm driving southwest to Tucson. I'm leaving this morning, Sunday, October 28.

I arrived in ABQ on Thursday, August 16. The 74 days I've been here have been great. I have very few complaints. The weather was perfect, the Sandia Resort was terrific, and the people in ABQ are generally very friendly. I've worked a little, played a lot, and seen the sights. The International Balloon Fiesta is a must-attend for any traveler, and the overnight trip to Santa Fe was the best way to wrap up my visit to north central New Mexico.

But now it's time to move on. The road is calling me to join her once again.

I'm first driving south to Socorro on I-25. From there I'll take state Hwy. 60 west to Hwy. 12. Hwy. 12 heads southerly to Reserve, New Mexico. Then I'll take Hwy. 180 south to Silver City. From Silver City, it's an easy drive west on I-10 to Tucson. This route will take me through various mountain ranges and beautiful scenery as I head my way south. I'm in no real hurry, so why not take the time to see the sights of southwestern New Mexico? To track my journey, visit the links to GoogleMaps (located in the left margin). So far, I've created three maps for the three "legs" of my trip.

I'll be writing a bit more about Santa Fe and posting some more photos over the next few days. Plus, I'll be posting my favorite photos on my photography blog at Photographium. I took some wonderful pictures in Santa Fe and want to share them. So check back here and Photographium. Notice I've added a new section to my blog for slideshows under the heading "Photo Albums."

No comments:

Post a Comment

We May Be in for a Perfect Storm of Home "Unaffordability".

I recently read about celebrity real estate agent Mauricio Umansky, who raised concerns about the "perfect storm of total unaffordabili...