Thursday, September 14, 2023

 Holy Crap, Where Have I Been?

I suppose I've neglected this blog with the misconception that blog writing was outdated, unnecessary, and downright a waste of time. 

But you know what? I don't care. I've stop trying to care about such things. All I want to do is what I want to do. And I want to write things here. I want to write down my thoughts. Don't ask me why. I don't care. I just do. Someone once said you can't steer a parked car. I'm tired of being a parked car. I'll just do what I want and then steer myself into a ditch.

So...how have you been? I see my last blog postings were excerpts from a fantasy novel I've been working on for years and will mostly likely never publish. It's the process, right? The fun is in the DOING a thing. Boy, I have done a lot of DOING. 

Anyway, I welcome myself back to this blog. I mean, why not? It's here. It's a space to hang out and let my thoughts go wherever thoughts go these days. 

Which brings me to the topic of being creative. Something in me has always said "create." Maybe Satan has a sense of humor and it's he whom whispers in my ear "go create something out of nothing." I'm doomed to dying a creative death of a hundred deaths. Because you see, I can't create unless I'm willing to die. Creating and dying are two sides of the same coin. They coexist, mirrors of each other. Took me a while to figure this out. In order to create I have to be willing to die. Bummer. 

We May Be in for a Perfect Storm of Home "Unaffordability".

I recently read about celebrity real estate agent Mauricio Umansky, who raised concerns about the "perfect storm of total unaffordabili...