Sunday, January 27, 2013

It Has Been A Long Time Coming

I began this blog over five years ago; on Saturday, June 23, 2007, to be exact. At the time I was sitting at a Starbucks in Gainesville, Texas thinking about going on the road. I curiously began with these words, "This blog will be my journey to Vegas."

Why Vegas? Why not, was my thinking. I just knew I wanted to hit the road.

It's been quite a journey. I now find myself living in California and attending art school. Over time I've had numerous web sites under various domains. I believe I topped out at five web sites and three blogs. Kind of dumb when I think about it. For a while I designed and published my own website from Carmel Valley, California using the old MS Frontpage software. But it has long been cast aside.

It has been a long time coming, but I have finally decided to bring all those various blogs and web sites together under one web site. Right here where it all began.

Using the export/import tool on Blogger made it easy. I don't know why I waited. Beginning today, on this site I know have over five years of published blogging, photos, comments, links, and other junk as I traveled throughout the Southwest and California, living in places like Tuscon, Arizona and Albuquerque, New Mexico. After a two-year return trip back home in Texas, I now reside in the San Francisco Bay area.

I'll be making changes to this site as I go along. So I'm sorry for the mess.

We May Be in for a Perfect Storm of Home "Unaffordability".

I recently read about celebrity real estate agent Mauricio Umansky, who raised concerns about the "perfect storm of total unaffordabili...