Thursday, June 12, 2008

Day 303 on the road.
Bulldog Cafe, downtown Solvang

I spent most of yesterday at the Bulldog Cafe in Solvang writing and trying to get caught up on things. I have been driving around the area so much the last few days, I needed a day to just sit and rest for a while.

Late in the afternoon, a side street was closed off and locals began to show up for the regular market that takes place here. Fresh fruits and vegetables were being sold by a dozen or so farmers from the area who had set up tents.




















I took a few photos and then walked across the street to eat dinner at the Mustard Seed Restaurant. I won't be back to this tourist trap disguised as a restaurant! The prices were outrageous for the food you received, plus the meal was not that great. I paid $19 for a meal that wasn't worth $4.99. I kept telling myself I was paying for the location and the few of the nice park across the street.


Tomorrow I'll be leaving Solvang. I'm not sure yet where I'll be going from here. I do know I'll be back to the Santa Ynez Valley again. It'a wonderful place to spend a few days.





No comments:

Post a Comment

We May Be in for a Perfect Storm of Home "Unaffordability".

I recently read about celebrity real estate agent Mauricio Umansky, who raised concerns about the "perfect storm of total unaffordabili...