Friday, August 17, 2007

A Dapper Looking Fellow


The man to the right is Edward S. Curtis. I like his photo, a rather dapper looking fellow. Being a photographer myself, and a lover of black and white images, I'm a sucker for an old black and white portrait. I studied Curtis briefly in college while working on my journalism/photography degree.

I recently was researching the Pueblo culture here in New Mexico and came across him again. It was fun to get reacquainted with him.

Edward Sheriff Curtis published The North American Indian (1907-1930), capturing north American indian culture in chronicles and photographs. He immediately became controversial due to his methods of observation.

As an entrepreneur and photographer, he spent much of his career chronicling the American indian, whom he called "historical figures of an American landscape."

In the coming days, I'll write more about him and his work on my blogs Writefinger and Photographium.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We May Be in for a Perfect Storm of Home "Unaffordability".

I recently read about celebrity real estate agent Mauricio Umansky, who raised concerns about the "perfect storm of total unaffordabili...